What Do Hospice Volunteers Do?
Becoming a hospice volunteer can be one of the most rewarding experiences a person can have. You can make a huge difference in providing comfort for someone who is in need. Volunteer can be indispensable in providing companionship and engage the patient with things that are of interest to them such as reminiscing, hobbies, reading, writing letters, playing music, games or cards. A volunteer can also provide a rest for caregivers or run errands
What are the requirements to become a hospice volunteer?
• Background check
• An agreement to protect patient privacy (HIPPA/Confidentiality)
• Tuberculosis (TB) Test to be arranged by Symponia
What Training is Provided?
We provide a volunteer orientation and training program to help you feel more comfortable with:
• communication and stress management
• psychological, social, and spiritual support of hospice patients
• how to provide grief and bereavement support to family members